Wednesday 8 November 2017

Susan's Divorce

A knock on the door, interrupted a rather early morning for Fiona...who was getting ready to sit down at the computer to type out another article. Opening the door, she saw a rather distraught Susan Wainright who looked a partial bit disgusted as well as distraught.

"What's going on, Susan" Fiona queried as Susan stepped in the house.

"Boyd's done it. He's hacked into something that is going to come back and bite him?"

"What has he done?" Fiona asked, a look of concern crossing her face.

Susan looked at her. "I don't know much of anything about what Boyd's doing at night when he's up hacking. I turn a blind eye to it; you know, plausible deniability, but this time Boyd's ticked off the wrong people and I need to get out of there before something bad happens to him and by connection, to me."

"I think that might be a good idea." Fiona nodded, "And you've warned Boyd how many times that you were going to leave him if he wouldn't stop this hacking business?"

Susan sighed deeply, "More times than I can count. I thought that eventually he was going to do something that he wouldn't be able to worm his way out of, but this time, he's gone too far. Even Blair can't do anything and she's works for the police. It's dangerous..." she paused for a long moment then whispered "...everything points to Nick and Vita but I can't prove a darn thing."

"You need to tell him that you're going to leave him and this time, do it for your own well-being." Fiona informed Susan who nodded.

...and Susan did confront Boyd. She found him at a protest, one of his favorite little things to do, when he wasn't hacking or working on the computer. "Boyd, I can't take any more of your little hacking escapades." she informed him.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Boyd answered her, his stance growing ever-more hostile. "I'm not doing anything."

"Then tell me why we're getting these strange calls, the ones where you answer and there's no-one on the other end of the line. Or the strange cars that seem to slow down whenever they drive past our place? How about you explain to me that one, Boyd?"

When Boyd was backed into a corner, he started accusing everyone else of impropriety and he behaved true to form. "Who knows? Maybe you're paranoid, did you think of that?" Boyd accused her, "Maybe you're seeing someone on the side or something else...what have YOU been doing?"

"I knew you were going to behave like this. You don't know who you've managed to tick off with your hacking, do you? You've ticked off the wrong people, Boyd, and you've brought our family right into the middle of it. I've begged you to stop, but you keep doing it, regardless of how much our safety means to me. I can't do it any more, Boyd. You've always had the you versus the world mentality and it's going to kill us." she paused for a long moment, shaking, "I'm done, Boyd, I can't do this any longer, you've painted me into a corner and I want out."

"You're leavning me?!!!" Boyd bellowed, outraged, "After everything I've done for you and Blair?"

"I'm sorry, Boyd, but I can't have you gamble my life any more. I value that over our marriage. I just hope you wake up to the fact that you're playing with danger. I hope that I'm not going to read about you in the paper. Good bye, Boyd."

When Susan returned, Fiona was there. "How did it go?" she asked.

"Just like I expected." Susan replied. "He tried to deny everything. But there's been too many strange things going on that I can't ignore it any longer. Blair's and my safety come first and if something happens to Boyd, well, he knew that it was coming."

"Look..." Fiona said, "I'll talk with Yasunobu and see if he'll be OK with you rooming here, at least until you get your feet back under you. You left everything there, right?" Susan nodded.

It wasn't long before Fiona came back and told her that she would be able to stay for as long as she needed. Susan appreciated that and Yasunobu was very much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment