Friday 9 March 2018

Molly's Shocking Experience

When the Chikamoris got back from Hogan's Diner, they headed upstairs for bed. Molly hung downstairs for a bit to have a good stiff drink.

At least she hadn't been witness to the altercation outside Hogan's Diner, since she was working at the Bistro, but a good drink never hurt regardless.

"Are you sure?" Haruo asked River. "You do know that he left you without even bothering to check out whether you were OK or not? And now you want to let him back in...?"

"Honey...he's my dad and I need to get to know him before it's too late."

Haruo stared for a long moment out the window. "If you're sure...about this...I'm not going to raise any objections. But...promise me this. He hurts you, I get to hurt him and he's going to end up in ER if I have anything to say about it."

"I know, sweetheart," River replied "You've always been there for me, but it's just something that feels right, that I need to do. I need to get to know my Dad."

"Don't forget that..." Haruo stated firmly as he took River into his arms, "I'll have your back, always. I've kept my vows and I intend to keep on keeping them."

Nothing more needed to be said as their lips met in a kiss that meant more than what it implied - faith, hope in the future, love...all of it.

Next day was a lot of intense activity, such as school for the kids and laundry day for River. When the kids got back from school they had to do homework - they had to keep up with the schoolwork and achieve good solid test-scores. B+ or better. A's were preferred, A+ was perfect. And if they got on the Honor Roll, so much the better.

That night, Molly went for a swim, despite the fact that there were indications that there was going to be a major thunderstorm. But Molly clearly wanted to do what she wanted to do, considering that one of her traits was a party-animal and no thunderstorm was going to dampen her desire to go for a swim.

Yeah, probably not...but whether it was the wise choice was left up to the jury...

They say lightning never strikes the same spot twice...

Well, that got proven wrong...very wrong.

Everyone thought that Molly was a goner, but she barely clung to life...and managed to stagger her way to her bed and crawl in it...after managing to drag herself to a shower and wipe off the singed moodlet. That was an electrifying experience and she certainly didn't want to repeat it a third time. (Watcher's Note: resetSim before the Grim Reaper shows up does wonders).

Everyone in the family thought that she was done for and were going through a mourning process. Satoshi didn't even realize that his wife had staggered in the house and was now trying to sleep the electrocution off. He started wailing at the foot of the bed, snivelling and crying which ended up waking poor shell-shocked Molly up.

The wailing and crying caused Molly to roll her eyes and exit the room to get some peace and quiet, only to find Fiona and Toshiyuki bawling their eyes out as if she had gone to Grim's Ghostly Reward."Oh good heavens." she muttered as she headed up the stairs only to be met by Susan who was snivelling fit to wake banshees up. "Oh Creator, help me, this is going to drive me crazy...Does everyone think I'm dead?" muttered Molly.

"Why...why..." Susan moaned; her arms outstretched in beseechment.

"Oh great...Susan...Get a grip...I'm OK!"Molly retorted.

She hurried up the stairs to the ground floor...where some banging drums attracted her attention. Yep...the only cheery person in the house...

Half naked, only in underwear, banging the drums with a beatifically goofy expression on his face: Haruo. Can't beat that. "I need a stiff drink, muttered Molly and headed to the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment