Sunday 27 May 2018

Kunio's Return

While Haruo was cooking, there was a commotion in the living-room and an outraged scream; "Who the heck are you and why are you impersonating my husband?!!!"

"I'm so sorry...I'm so sorry..." the poor man grovelled at Alanna's feet. "I could not return until men dead. Police told me I no can return or my life in danger. Your life too. I only do what I must."

"YOU left me to think that you were dead?!!!" Alanna raged at her husband. "I thought I BURIED YOU! I thought you were GONE!"

"You left me to figure this out all by myself. How was I going to keep going with you gone?!"

"You left me a hollow shell of myself!!! HOW COULD YOU!!!?"

"I'm sorry..." was all that Kunio could say...as he looked down at his feet, wondering if his short marriage was over.

But he let his heart do the talking and grasped her by her arms and pulled her to him in a tight embrace, letting her know just how much he had missed her.

With slowly dawning realization, "It was you that was calling..." Alanna whispered. "...those silences...you couldn't say anything...or they would know..."

"Kunio, you ever...ever do this to me again...and I'll kill you myself."

Kunio couldn't say anything but just chose to pull her again into his arms and kiss her desperately like a drowning man clinging to life itself.

...and nothing more needed to be said.

No comments:

Post a Comment